Self-reflection is the school of wisdom.
– Baltasar Gracian
We all have moments in our lives when we question our thoughts and actions. Sometimes, it’s a little ray of thought that disappears quickly, and at other times the question lingers on and on. I believe we don’t question ourselves just to have a precise solution to our concern, but rather to develop an understanding of life. Life is never just black and white, rather the gray area tends to dominate more. At such times, I believe self-reflection is necessary to dig beneath our own layers, and visit the inner crevices of our heart and mind, where we don’t dredge much.
In order to understand ourselves better, I have compiled a list of questions for self-reflection. Just remember there are no right or wrong answers to these questions. The aim of the list is just to help you understand and navigate life better and live to your fullest.
Questions for Self-Reflection:
1. Do I live true to my values?
2. Do I compromise on my goals?
3. Do I give up when things get hard?
4. Am I thankful for what I have in life?
5. Do I hold grudges?
6. What are my values that I can never compromise on?
7. Do I use my time wisely and productively?
8. What does failure mean to me?
9. What matters the most in my life?
10. What do I want from life?
11. What act of kindness done by others, left an impact on me and why?
12. Am I truly living my life?
13. What makes me smile often?
14. Can l compromise on material comfort?
15. What am I most scared of?
16. What does God mean to me?
17. Do I want more memories and experience versus material gain in life?
18. What’s the one thing that I can leave as my contribution to this world?
19. What makes me truly happy?
20. If I can give just one advice to others, what would that be?
21. Am I holding onto something that I should let go of?
22. What bad habits am I currently struggling to break away from?
23. Do I incorporate reading in my life as often as I should?
24. What is that one thing I can do better from today?
25. How often do I push myself out of my comfort zone?
26. Do I give my body the attention and care it deserves?
27. Am I grateful to my parents for whatever they have done for me?
28. Do I care about my mental health?
29. Do I put enough effort into my relationships?
30. Do I take things for granted?
Do let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Download the free PDF: 30 Questions for Self-Reflection