Once you are set out on the road to self-discipline, (Your life is going to improve MASSIVELY) and through patience and perseverance, there are endless advantages in store for you (of which i will discuss a few.)
1. Your Priorities are Lined Up
Clear targets, lined up priorities and strong self discipline, all go hand in hand. When you know the result you are after and have developed your self discipline muscle strongly, then you have no trouble putting first things first. Distractions no longer have power over your life.
Other fruits of lined up priorities;
- It leads to better focus.
- Decision making becomes a breeze. It cuts down on confusions and uncertainties.
- Your life gets structured.
- Your perspective on life improves.
2. You Are at Your Own Command
Doesn’t that sound wonderful?!!! Being the boss of your life? To have mastered yourself, and set your aims straight? To set deadlines and meet them? Procrastination can’t get the best of you anymore. That also means;
- You are driven by goals and values, not controlled by your whims and moods.
- You are able to adopt good habits and ditch bad ones as you please. (and let’s not forget all the benefits that the good habits will bring)
- You are less prone to addictions because you hold the control of your mind in your hand, rather then lend it to outside forces.
3. Your Guilt Goes Down
The guilt of not doing the right thing at the right time has a power of weighing a person down significantly. Some burdens, only when they are lifted, make us realize the weight they carried.
4. Your Standards Rise
Since you know your worth and what you stand for and have control over yourself, you stick to it. The desire for the long term rewards don’t let you settle for anything less. It makes you unstoppable. Instant gratifications is a meaningless phenomenon now.
5. You Feel Fulfilled
Being true to yourself makes you a happy person who knows the real meaning of fulfillment.
6. You Overcome a Major Roadblock to Success
i-e yourself. You have moved out of your own way of going and getting what you want.
7. You Become More Self Reliant
The more you are able to control yourself, the more self reliant you become. You are more aware of your true potential.
8. Your Relationships Improve
Your relationship with yourself is a predictor of your relationship with other people. You can’t keep promises with other people when you can’t keep promises to yourself. With good self control you become more trustworthy.
9. You Save Time
Discipline enables you to do things on time, which saves you a lot of trouble. The last minute panic and hassle almost doesn’t exist. You become a calmer person, with all your chores and projects tackled and completed at the right time.
10. You Have Space to Relax
Now that the major things are all taken care of, you actually have free time on your hands. You can actually have fun at having fun. 🙂
Let us know how being in control of your life has served you for the best.